[SOLVED] My computer died last night, what steps should I take?

crazychicken442

Commendable
Sep 2, 2017
I was up till about 6AM playing games on my PC, until I shut it off for the night and went to sleep. I woke up the next morning and tried to turn it on but nothing powered on. I immediately checked the power cable and the wall plug to make sure that wasn’t the issue, and even tried using another power cable that I knew worked. Still nothing. I then took apart my computer and took out and reseated the RAM and GPU and tried to restart it but not even a fan turned on. Then I used a PSU 24-Pin tester piece I had (similar effect as the paper clip trick) and my PSU fan kicked on, but when I plugged it back into my motherboard nothing turned on. I reset the CMOS battery on my motherboard and unplugged and replugged my 24 pin connector countless times but the same issue was occurring and I was unable to figure it out. I also checked all of the capacitors on my motherboard and none of them looked blown out.

Background:
I built this computer myself about a year ago, and have had minimal issues with hardware after it was built. I’ve had some issues with overheating because of my crappy thermal paste job (which I recently redid) and because of my case’s poor airflow (to which I would open the side window while heavy gaming to allow more air to flow in). I redid my thermal paste on my cpu about two days before this happened, but my computer ran for those two days perfectly fine. None of the lights on my motherboard are working nor is the power button on my motherboard nor is it POSTing. Nothing in my case moves when I attempt to turn on my pc.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
GPU: Radeon VII
Motherboard: Aorus Master X570
Case: NZXT H500
PSU: 850 G2 Gold
SSD: 2 TB HP EX950
CPU cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Cooler

I am thinking about going to MicroCenter to get it looked at by a professional, but I wanted to see if there was anything I over looked or any other steps I should take. Let me know if there is any information that you guys need if I missed something! Thanks!

Solution
I would say check your cpu pins to see if any of them are bent. if the pc isnt booting try take gpu out and see if it boots aka getting the boot codes. the power supply seems to be working. if you have any spare parts to can test parts on a different mobo and see if it works.
Jun 27, 2020
I would say check your cpu pins to see if any of them are bent. if the pc isnt booting try take gpu out and see if it boots aka getting the boot codes. the power supply seems to be working. if you have any spare parts to can test parts on a different mobo and see if it works.

Solution