Question My computer doesn't boot most of the time ?

Daahrien

Honorable
Mar 13, 2019
I have 2 issues at the moment in one of my old computers. It seems the VGA blue cable has a loose something because I have to move both ends (the one attached to the pc and the one attached to the monitor) for it to work. Most likely unrelated to the second, more important issue, but I mention it in case it is.

The second issue is:

The pc doesn't boot most of the time. Only a black screen, no bios splash, and obviously i cannot enter the bios. The keyboard doesnt light the lights for caps lock, num lock when this no boot issue appears. When it boots correctly I can see the lights and turn them on/off normally.

I also noticed the mouse laser blinks strongly, which I'm not sure if its normal or an issue with the power. I haven't managed to make it boot again this last hour, so I'm not sure if it happens like that when it boots normaly. Most likely no, the blink is too pronounced.

It's an old computer with integrated graphics, it works normally when it boots. Only power, vga, and usb mouse, usb keyboard are connected to it, a small 300 gb hdd. I don't know what other info to provide.

Thank you.