[SOLVED] My computer doesn't post

Oct 23, 2020
I have a problem with my new setup. it starts but I don't have image I tried to disconnect the GPU (using the integrated graphics) but I still have no image (using DisplayPort with a Full HD monitor). Also I tried to change the PCI-E slot but same problem.

This is the new setup:

Processor: i9 1900K
MB: MPG z490 Gaming
PSU: Thermaltake M850W
GPU: GTX 970
SSDs = 1
WC = Corsair Hydro H105
Fans = 1
Optical = 1
RAM = 2 x 16GB 3000Mhz DDR Corsair Vengeance LPX

Solution
Then in that case it might be a motherboard issue. Given that neither your graphics card or cpu is outputting a signal, it doesn't seem likely that they both just failed simultaneously. I'm not sure how you could test that, but it seems like a probable cause.

Additionally, while checking things, try a different type of display adapter. It could just be a cable issue, so we shouldn't pin it on the motherboard just yet. If you have a laptop say, try checking if your monitor is also working.
Try that GTX 970 in another system. It rarely happens that both PCIe slots are not working.

That PSU is a tier C PSU. Not too bad but not good. It still should work with your system unless it's faulty.

Try booting with only 1 stick of RAM in the appropriate slot for using 1 stick.

Oct 23, 2020
Is this your first time booting it? Or has it booted up before and its just not working now. Also, do the rgb accents work, or is nothing turning on when you press the power button?

a) Yes, is the first time
B) RGBs are working, Fans are working as well

Try that GTX 970 in another system. It rarely happens that both PCIe slots are not working.

That PSU is a tier C PSU. Not too bad but not good. It still should work with your system unless it's faulty.

Try booting with only 1 stick of RAM in the appropriate slot for using 1 stick.

A) I was using with my previous setup and it was working fine. (Today)
b) I tried to use 1 stick of ram but still not working

The thing is I still receiving VGA-light when using the Nvidia GTX and with the UHD Intel integrated GPU

Flamebrander

Reputable
Aug 1, 2020
Then in that case it might be a motherboard issue. Given that neither your graphics card or cpu is outputting a signal, it doesn't seem likely that they both just failed simultaneously. I'm not sure how you could test that, but it seems like a probable cause.

Additionally, while checking things, try a different type of display adapter. It could just be a cable issue, so we shouldn't pin it on the motherboard just yet. If you have a laptop say, try checking if your monitor is also working.

Reactions: Taurustar
Solution
Oct 23, 2020
my conclusions at the moments are:

-The GPU is not the problem, when I tried to unplug one of the PCI-E Power suppliers the screen showed a message about the power supply issue (reconnecting again deletes the message, but gives the "black screen")
-Is not a power supply problem, because even with my PSU, without any peripherical, USB port connected, fans,etc it still showing the same problem. Also I turned off the RGB lights with the switch but I no changes.
-The EZ VGA light is turned on. First time the lights were DRAM and then VGA, now is only VGA (I moved the ram to DIMMA2 slot like the guide suggest)
-Monitor, cables and GPU were working well today, I had my old setup and it worked fine with the same PSU, GPU, Fans and WC.

IMO as you say it might be a motherboard issue, which would be really unlucky since I bought it yesterday with high expectations, also the shop guatantee is not anymore since I "opened the box" so I can only use the manofacturer's guarantee.

Oct 23, 2020
Ok, here's the funny thing that just happened. I decided to disconnect my SSD once again (It was one of the first tests that I did), and it shows the image (Previously even I unattached and reattached the CPU). The thing is it asked me to configure the BIOS again so I did that, now with the SSD still not show any image (But is something that I can expect since I'm upgrading hardware) so I booted from a USB with windows install and I can reinstall it again (or do the trick to make it start with the new hardware via console)

Oct 23, 2020
Ok after I disconnect and reconnect the power cables and the SATA cables from SSD to PSU/MB I have my computer working again now with my new setup. Now is something to catch up since probably it was a problem with the PSU from start or the MB has malfunctioned SATA slots... I hope is the PSU. but now I have all working again.