Question My computer doesn't recognize my Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD ?

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hello, so all of a sudden my computer stopped recognizing my M.2 drive. Windows runs on a Samsung SSD and in the past week I've noticed that it takes a while to load and it stays for around 30 seconds on the bios logo and today the M.2 drive where I keep my files just disappeared.
I checked disk management and the bios but it was not there. I reinstalled it and still it is not there. Is this bad news?

Lutfij

Titan
In it's current state, while you're yet able to go into OS GUI, I'd try and backup all relevant mission critical data. It's probably a sign of a faulty or failing drive, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup of your important information. With that out of the way, you should look into see if the drive shows up in Samsung's Magician Utility/App. As for your motherboard, might want to mention the make and model of your motherboard, adding he BIOS version as well for your motherboard.

Is this bad news?
If you have another PCIe 3.0 M.2 slot to populate or have a drive dock/adapter, perhaps see if it shows up there.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
In it's current state, while you're yet able to go into OS GUI, I'd try and backup all relevant mission critical data. It's probably a sign of a faulty or failing drive, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup of your important information. With that out of the way, you should look into see if the drive shows up in Samsung's Magician Utility/App. As for your motherboard, might want to mention the make and model of your motherboard, adding he BIOS version as well for your motherboard.

Is this bad news?
If you have another PCIe 3.0 M.2 slot to populate or have a drive dock/adapter, perhaps see if it shows up there.
I dowloaded Samsung Magician and it wasn't showing up unfortunately. I have Msi Tomahawk B450 Max and it only has only one m.2 slot.
Also I'd like to mention that my bios is out of date

Lutfij

Titan
Yeap, you have BIOS updates pending;
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX/support
update to version 7C02v3F though please skip version 7C02v3C if you're going to gradually flash your BIOS one step at a time. I advise against jumping BIOS updates since they can and will brick boards. Please be wary that a bricked board can be salvaged in your case since you have a FLASH BIOS button on the rear.

That being said, see if the BIOS flash (up)to the latest version alleviates the issue.

Mar 4, 2023
Hello, so all of a sudden my computer stopped recognizing my M.2 drive. Windows runs on a Samsung SSD and in the past week I've noticed that it takes a while to load and it stays for around 30 seconds on the bios logo and today the M.2 drive where I keep my files just disappeared.
I checked disk management and the bios but it was not there. I reinstalled it and still it is not there. Is this bad news?
I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix it? If so how?