My computer doesn't turn on

Jack the Egg

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
Hello guys. I just installed an intel core i5 4690 on a Gigabyte GA-H81M-S2H motherboard which is supposed to be compatible. Besides that, I have a power supply of 650W, a graphics card Nvidia gtx 950 and a Ben-Q monitor GL2460 24". The problem is that when I press the on button, the computer like turns on but then nothing shows on screen. I can't even enter the bios. But later when I check the processor it's like he never turned on. I placed him correctly and all that. If anyone comes across any solution, please post it. Thank you all!

jasonsansburn

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Well if your PC turns on, but nothing happens, its 98% not recognizing a CPU is installed (in my experience), assuming your bios is updated. The only thing that would come to mind is that the chip was set incorrectly into the socket, or one of the pins on the chip is bent (can't remember if that's Intel or amd, I've had too many). Probably not as intuitive of an answer you were hoping for, but just make sure the chip's marked corner is aligned with the mark on the chip port. Either way, completely removing it and reinstalling can work wonders for the smartest of us. Good luck!

Jack the Egg

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
And about what Jason said it's possible that I may have incorrectly placed the processor into the shocket but I did place the marked corner with his correspondant mark on the motherboard. So that leaves us the conclusion that the processor may be broken. If so, goddamn it but I guess I will have to change it