My Computer (drives recognition)

When I click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop I get an hourglass and
it searches FOREVER-meaning I could go to dinner and then come back, and it's
still working on it-but eventually it does come up suceessfully and
recognizes all my drives properly. What could be causing this severely slow
condition? -It never did this before. All the drives (A:, C:, etc.) that I
click on from there work properly w. no problems.

Frustrated

I had a flaky cdrw drive do that when I had a disk in. Have you
checked for virus, spyware, adware and trojans lately?
If not then try these websites.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html

"soundsgood2me" <soundsgood2me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on the "My Computer" icon on the desktop I get an hourglass
> and
> it searches FOREVER-meaning I could go to dinner and then come back, and
> it's
> still working on it-but eventually it does come up suceessfully and
> recognizes all my drives properly. What could be causing this severely
> slow
> condition? -It never did this before. All the drives (A:, C:, etc.) that
> click on from there work properly w. no problems.
>
> Frustrated

Andy

Right click on My Computer and select Manage. Then look at Event
Viewer.

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:13:07 -0800, "soundsgood2me"