Discussion My Computer Freezes Up

Jun 1, 2019
I cant really figure this out im not that tech savvy. My computer will freeze up all of a sudden while playing certain video games. It doesnt freeze up on everthing that i play but at certain parts of some games it does. An example i can give would be Warframe i can play most all the normal missions just fine but if i go to one of the open areas like Plains of Eidolon it will freeze up. Like i said im not that tech savvy so any ideas will be helpful.

UPDATE: Just upgraded the PSU that didnt seem to help anything anymore ideas would be appreciated.

SPECS:
Processor- i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00GHz
Ram- 16.0 GB
System- 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Graphic Card- Geforce GTX 1070
PSU- 750Watt EVGA G3 Supernova

Last edited:
well I do not know but its not a brand that I know of and it looks very cheap so that would be my first bet PSU's deteriorate over time buy a good branded one a bit more expensive and it will last a lot longer.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee

Jun 1, 2019
well I do not know but its not a brand that I know of and it looks very cheap so that would be my first bet PSU's deteriorate over time buy a good branded one a bit more expensive and it will last a lot longer.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html
Evga g2/g3
Seasonic focus/prime
I would recommend an EVGA SuperNova Gold G2 / or new G3 /GS / GQ, Platinum P2 / PS, or Titanium T2 or a Seasonic M12-II Evo or S12-II
GOOD PSU EVGA is a B2, G2, G3, P2, GS, PS, or T2. Avoid the EVGA B1 and G1 series/ I bought a EVGA G3 with 7year garentee
Thank you ill look into that and see if that helps.

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, whether or not the PSU is causing the problem, it's a pretty dire power supply and having it in the mix makes it extremely difficult to check for a non-power delivery issue. The recommendations given are good. Replace with a quality one -- a power supply like this ought not to be used with any GPU that requires supplementary power -- and see if the issue resolves.