[SOLVED] My computer freezes whenever I clean the standby list ?

May 17, 2021
Hi! :D
I have 4 GB RAM DDR4 2400 Single channel Single Rank, and its not enough for playing games like CS:GO or Fortnite. I do not know much about computers. Actually I use a program called Mem Reduct, which actually clears RAM , which helps me a lot. Once I went inside the settings, I saw the option of clearing 'standby list' and 'modified page list'. I checked them both as I wanted my RAM to be cleaned as much as possible while gaming. But after I manually cleaned the RAM for some times, I noticed that my PC freezes for like at least 20 seconds. I unchecked both the options and left the previous three options on. And my PC did not freeze then. Then I got to know that this empty standby list thing is actually cached memory, and then I got to know that this was the main reason why my PC was underperforming, my PC could not utilize all of the RAM.
So, my question is:
Is there a solution for this freezing? I want PC to keep running normally without freezing while the standby list is cleared.
K thats all pretty much there is to say

Solution
I have 4 GB RAM DDR4 2400 Single channel Single Rank, and its not enough for playing games like CS:GO or Fortnite. I do not know much about computers. Actually I use a program called Mem Reduct, which actually clears RAM , which helps me a lot. Once I went inside the settings, I saw the option of clearing 'standby list' and 'modified page list'. I checked them both as I wanted my RAM to be cleaned as much as possible while gaming. But after I manually cleaned the RAM for some times, I noticed that my PC freezes for like at least 20 seconds. I unchecked both the options and left the previous three options on. And my PC did not freeze then. Then I got to know that this empty standby list thing is actually cached memory, and...
I have 4 GB RAM DDR4 2400 Single channel Single Rank, and its not enough for playing games like CS:GO or Fortnite. I do not know much about computers. Actually I use a program called Mem Reduct, which actually clears RAM , which helps me a lot. Once I went inside the settings, I saw the option of clearing 'standby list' and 'modified page list'. I checked them both as I wanted my RAM to be cleaned as much as possible while gaming. But after I manually cleaned the RAM for some times, I noticed that my PC freezes for like at least 20 seconds. I unchecked both the options and left the previous three options on. And my PC did not freeze then. Then I got to know that this empty standby list thing is actually cached memory, and then I got to know that this was the main reason why my PC was underperforming, my PC could not utilize all of the RAM.
So, my question is:
Is there a solution for this freezing? I want PC to keep running normally without freezing while the standby list is cleared.
K thats all pretty much there is to say
Suggestion......bin the ram manager.
Get at least 8GB of ram preferably a 2x kit setup to enable dual channel.
Let the OS handle ram management.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Solution