My computer freezes

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
It happens anytime. When I turn on my computer, while surfing the internet, while playing videogames. And the screen just freezes and i have to restart it

AMD FX 8350
Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb
Corsair Vengance 2x4gb 1600mhz
Corsiar CX 600
Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 rev 1.2

Wolfshadw

Titan
Typical troubleshooting then.

Scan for malware.
Scan for viruses.
System maintenance - Software (remove unused software, disk clean up, empty cache, Windows update, check for new drivers, etc...).
System maintenance - Hardware (remove dust buildup, check system temperatures)

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I suppose I should have asked this in the beginning, but is this a new build?
Has your system been freezing from the start or is this a recent development?
Have you made any changed to your build recently that could have caused this issue?
Finally. What motherboard do you have installed?

With that out of the way, next, I would test each RAM module in each RAM slot of your motherboard.

Shut down your system and unplug it.
Open the case and remove one of the RAM modules.
Close the case, plug it in and power it up.
You say that your system freezes quite often, so use the computer normally until either a) it freezes again or b) enough time has passed and you feel the issue is resolved.
Make a note of the result (e.g. Module 1 slot a - Freeze)
Shut down and unplug the system.
Open the case and move that RAM module to the next RAM slot.
Close the case, plug it in and power it up.
Repeat the test and make note of the results

Report the results here.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sorry about asking the motherboard again.

Ok. I doubt this is a BIOS issue (as it's recent), but please verify you are running BIOS version F7 or later. If you're running F6, update to the latest (F8f).
Are you using the stock CPU cooler or a third party cooler? What is the cooling fan orientation? Is it blowing air down through the cooler, towards the motherboard?
I'd also proceed with the above tests moving each RAM module through each of the four RAM slots.

-Wolf sends

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
1. Yes i have the latest bios version
2. Im using an after market cooler
3. I have 2 fans and 1 fan attached to the hyper 212 evo.
4. One fan pulls air from the front side, then there is the fan of the hyper 212 evo, which blows towards the rear of the case and towards the gpu. And one fan on the back of the tower that blows outside
5. I tried installing the RAms on the other two slots but when i was trying to turn on the computer, the screen showed nothing

Wolfshadw

Titan
5. I tried installing the RAms on the other two slots but when i was trying to turn on the computer, the screen showed nothing

So to confirm, you have four RAM slots and you've tested each RAM module, individually, in each slot and you can say without a doubt that both RAM modules do work and you can identify which RAM slots when a single RAM module is installed in, your system does not display anything. If this is correct, then using the table on pg. 16 of your User's Manual, which RAM slots are you not getting a display on?

-Wolf sends

d1versify

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2012
4462_big.jpg

the computer doesnt show anything when the rams are placed on the light blue slots

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. So if you take a single RAM module and install only it into the bottom white RAM slot, your system boots normally, but if you shut down your system, and move that RAM module to the bottom light blue slot, when you attempt to boot your system then, you get nothing.

When you install both RAM modules, you're installing them only in the White RAM slots, correct?

If this is correct then it's a motherboard issue and you should have it replaced as RAM slots three and four (the light blue ones) are not working.

-Wolf sends