My computer goes to blanks screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope_8

Prominent
Apr 10, 2017
My computwr has been cutting off and goes to the problem solving when i press the following buttons that they provide me *f10 to save and restart *to do it continue to go back to the that page i took off the computer and it rebooted continuosly and goes blank it is connect to my tv through an hdmi and it continues to say no signal i need answers on how to dix it or what is wrong with it pleaseeee it also had a virus and it wasdetected and deleted.........

Solution
Two initial actions:

1) Verify that you have selected the HDMI input port on the TV as the incoming signal port. And if your TV has multiple HDMI ports make sure that you have selected the correct HDMI input port. Use the TV's menu/configuration screens.

2) Try another known working HDMI cable.

Ralston18

Titan
You need more information about what is happening.

One way to obtain that information is to open the Event Viewer logs and look for warnings and error codes. Especially any that occur just before or at the time of screen going blank.

Take a look and post any findings from within Event Viewer.

For more information refer to this link in this forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Hope_8 : "When the hdmi is connected to the laptop and the tv the tv is saying no signal"

Ralston18

Titan
Two initial actions:

1) Verify that you have selected the HDMI input port on the TV as the incoming signal port. And if your TV has multiple HDMI ports make sure that you have selected the correct HDMI input port. Use the TV's menu/configuration screens.

2) Try another known working HDMI cable.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS