[SOLVED] My computer has a black screen

Jul 1, 2020
I have a Lenovo c460 and I read about possible upgrades so I brought 2 8 GB sodimm ram sticks that were compatible with my Lenovo all in one I replaced the already there 4 GB ram and the PC worked like a charm and read 16 GB I also added a new SSD and I installed it and configured it that was 3 days ago all of a sudden today I go to boot up my PC and the lights turn on it starts up but my screen is black? Someone please help me.

Solution
Try doing a power flush by turning it off and taking out the battery. This will make sure it is not some power issue regarding the battery. It seems weird that a 4th processor would cause problems like this, they are not too old.

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
One possibility can be that the cpu is dead. This has happened to me with some of my older laptops. After 7 years, there was no display but the fans spin and power lights up.

Jul 1, 2020
Also I forgot to mention today when I went to boot it up it sounded like it was trying to boot up but it kept making a clicking sound then the lights would turn off and it did that a few times till I unplugged the power cord

Jul 1, 2020
It sounded like it was trying but failing at the boot process. After unplugging it just boots lights come on I hear the system like normal but the screen remains black

artavasdes

Prominent
Nov 28, 2019
Try doing a power flush by turning it off and taking out the battery. This will make sure it is not some power issue regarding the battery. It seems weird that a 4th processor would cause problems like this, they are not too old.

Solution