Mar 26, 2021
PC SPECS:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
Video Card Radeon RX 580 Series
Video Card #2 AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 6GB
Operating System Windows 10

Hi everyone thank you for reading this,

My PC is about 8 months old I built myself and have had NO issues until this week. On Tuesday, out of nowhere my PC wouldn't start. I had RGB and fans going but the keyboard and mouse weren't working and the monitors were getting no signal. I panicked and took it to the local technician to look at, he couldn't find any problems but said he left it for a while and it started turning on. He was hesitant to give it back because he couldn't isolate the problem but said nothing seemed wrong.
The day I brought it back (Friday) It worked completely fine. NO issues whatsoever. Today (Saturday) I tried to boot it up and it failed, same issue as the other day, Frustrated I googled some symptoms and found something about ram, I pulled out one of my ram sticks and to my surprise the computer booted fine (obviously just running half the ram.)
Now, I've tried so many things. I've tested both ram sticks and BOTH work completely fine and boot the computer when placed in DIMMA-2 but the system won't boot from a ram being placed in DIMMB-2.
I have updated my bios, attempted to change voltage settings to try and sort it out. But nothing has seemed to work so far so I am here looking for advice.
Thanks in advance I will be more then happy to answer any questions.

Solution
Ram has to go in specific slots. You can't just put them in any open slot. See your mboard manual for which is which.

Memtest each stick individually. This is the only way I know of to know for sure if RAM is good. See one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum for instructions on how to test your ram.

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Ram has to go in specific slots. You can't just put them in any open slot. See your mboard manual for which is which.

Memtest each stick individually. This is the only way I know of to know for sure if RAM is good. See one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum for instructions on how to test your ram.

Solution