[SOLVED] My computer has low fps on desktop.

Nov 2, 2019
Hello everyone!

A couple of days ago, my computer started having lower fps than usual when I'm on my desktop. As in, no game is open, nothing. Just my desktop. When I open certain games, (eg. Battlefield 2), the fps is fine. For some others, it completely prevents me from playing. I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^^.
Thanks.

Solution
When kind of drive is the game on? A spinner or an SSD? Your issue is most likely due to a slow drive and/or a low amount of RAM. The CPU isn't helping you either, so it's just a matter of which one is slowing you down the most. My suggestion would be to open Resource Monitor and play a game (windowed mode would be best so you can keep an eye on things) and make note of what is pegging at 100% while playing the game. CPU should be pegged, so make sure you are paying attention to the memory and disk tabs as well.
Nov 2, 2019
I just got a video on my phone of me playing a game (Garry's Mod), I'll post it in a moment (GeForce Experience was being dumb and didn't want to record, plus doubt it would've shown there).

don't bump. still waiting for the full system spec
Oh woops, thought you asked for temp only. I'll post it in a little bit, my bad.

Nov 2, 2019
There really isn't such thing as a framerate on the desktop. Most of the time, your video card would be in 2D mode. What made you determine this was an issue?
One day I noticed my mouse was moving slower or just kinda lagging, and it's been the same ever since. Here's a video of it effecting my game:
https://streamable.com/nijg7
(Again, sorry for the bad phone video, couldn't record in any other way right now)
This didn't happen in the past, and it's not just an effect of the camera - that's what I see. My FPS is completely fine too, which is even more confusing for me.

When kind of drive is the game on? A spinner or an SSD? Your issue is most likely due to a slow drive and/or a low amount of RAM. The CPU isn't helping you either, so it's just a matter of which one is slowing you down the most. My suggestion would be to open Resource Monitor and play a game (windowed mode would be best so you can keep an eye on things) and make note of what is pegging at 100% while playing the game. CPU should be pegged, so make sure you are paying attention to the memory and disk tabs as well.

Solution