my computer has no sound only static crackling why please help me

piratace

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
i have a windows 7 home edition and i have a problem with the sound, it does not work only static crackling i don't know what to do please help me i need to fix it i can't pay for another one. please tell me what can i do or if i have to buy something let me know what can i but to make it work without replacing the whole computer.

cesarmadrid70@outlook.com let me know please.

Solution
Go to your Win 7 control panel and click on Troubleshooting. Under the "Hardware and Sound", click on "Troubleshoot audio playback" and follow the instructions. Under the same section I would try "Configure a device".

Next, go back to the "Control Panel Home". Then click on "Sound", select your audio device from the list and run a sound test. You should be able to hear the test melody on your speakers. If you can't hear it, I would reinstall the audio drivers and try it again.
You should be able to hear the test melody melody in your headphones at the same time as your speakers. If more than one audio device is shown, try each one in case you are looking at the wrong device.

If that fails you can try reinstalling or repairing...

piratace

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

((((Hi )))) i am using the back audio port. but is not working

piratace

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014

how to check the settings how to make sure all the settings are good.????

Go to your Win 7 control panel and click on Troubleshooting. Under the "Hardware and Sound", click on "Troubleshoot audio playback" and follow the instructions. Under the same section I would try "Configure a device".

Next, go back to the "Control Panel Home". Then click on "Sound", select your audio device from the list and run a sound test. You should be able to hear the test melody on your speakers. If you can't hear it, I would reinstall the audio drivers and try it again.
You should be able to hear the test melody melody in your headphones at the same time as your speakers. If more than one audio device is shown, try each one in case you are looking at the wrong device.

If that fails you can try reinstalling or repairing the operating system. And lastly the audio device may be defective, in which case you can possibly exchange the motherboard. Or you can install an aftermarket audio card in one of the PCI slots.

What type of headphones are you using?

Solution

Rafi Khan

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Did it work before? Did you buy or build the system? Do you have a link to either the motherboard or where you bought the computer from? We need to know more about your computer in order to help you. Thanks!

ThisIsIt786

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
I suggest you to check your drivers which u have installed nd try to re-install it
Or
Just check your speakers by connecting it with with your cellphone nd if u r using speaker in build in your monitor then try to connect a external head phone to the Jack if it's working then problem is with your monitor get it checked
Nd the last reasion is may be your desktop port is damaged in this case also u have to chek it by someone professional

thanks guys i will call a computer center that is close by, and i'll give it to them to fix it.

This post is six months old. The OP elected to take the system to repair shop