I have a Dell Inspiron 11, 3000 Series. When I first got the computer for Christmas, it was running decently fast and I had virtually no problems with it. However, I started noticing that no matter if I was connected to the internet or not, my pc would run at 100% cpu, and occasionally 100% disk. I'm not sure how to fix this but I need this slowness to stop as my computer is still fairly new!?
There could be a lot of things that are causing this. So try the following:
1. Background processes - Check what processes are running when you have no active programs. This will let you know what is using your cpu.
2. Startup programs - Check what programs automatically startup. These will use the cpu the moment you switch on your pc.
3. Junk program - These are programs that get installed as a result of another program. They tend to be an add on and can take up the cpu usage very easily
4. Junk files - These are files that get left over when you uninstall a program. I would go through your pc and check that all files are actually needed and delete out any that aren't
5. Temp files - Use a clean like ccleaner or Clean master to get rid on any temp files that maybe on your pc.
also, in your windows search enter %temp% and delete all files in that folder.
see if it helps and let me know.
After reading up about the problem for a while I was convinced it was malware, too, so I downloaded and ran malwarebytes and found a program that was indeed malicious software. However, it's a little less than a week later and my computer is still consistently running at 100%.
What is the second program? And where would I search for %temp% at?
Sorry, I'm new to all of this.