My computer is crashing without a blue screen.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015
I'm crashing without any warning.
I just recently installed a new Graphics Card, and I've been having problems from there. Whenever I'm playing games, on google, basically it crashes without any sort of warning. the sound and the screen freeze. and then I get the startup sequence, but this time I get the error "Windows did not shut down correctly" and have to select safe mode boot (with our without internet or cmd) and average start up, after I go through all that, I get prompted with the "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown, and I get the codes and all the other information about the crash and my computer. I've tried not having my GPU overclocked, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. I'm getting BCCode 124. I also don't think this is an overheating issue because I've downloaded HWMonitor and have not noticed any overheating my my GPU/CPU, the ambient temperature in one of the areas is 100 degrees Fahrenheit, but I don't think that would affect anything.
My Specs:
AMD FX 8300 8-Core CPU
Corsair CX750M
MSI 760GM-P34
8GB DDR3 1866 Crucial Ballistix Sport XT
ThermalTake v4 case (I know this isn't all that important, but maybe you guys can find a problem with it)
I'm looking for any suggestions on how to help.
To recap; Computer crashing without bluescreen, BCCode 124.
Thanks to anyone with ANY suggestions.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

How do I do that? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm good with computer hardware, not software.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015
]
I'm guessing I should be looking for errors and such, well, I see one popping up frequently, BHDrvx64 service failure. I honestly have no idea what that means. any help?
EDIT: There is also IDSVia64, Symantec Network Securty WFP Driver

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015
So I found it, But what should I see inside of there? It said "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly." That's information I already know. Am I supposed to be looking for anything in specific? It might help to say I did have a 500w PSU at first, but then changed to 750 watt.

look at the log entries below the "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"

there should be a time gap in the entry before the restart which could list the culprit for the unexpected shutdown.

did you see the issue when using the 500W PSU, or have you been seeing the issue since you upgraded the PSU to 750W?

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

I had the issue during the 500w power supply.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

Application popup: : \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS failed to load That popped up frequently before the crash.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

So I've been testing the system without Norton, I've been playing for a solid hour and have had no crashes. I will update tomorrow morning with more. I want to thank you in advance if this was the cause of the issue, you've been a true help.

I've also been having this issue to where AMD display driver will crash every once in a while, but recovers after a few seconds.

UPDATE: It has just crashed. This time without any warning labels pre crash in event viewer

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

It still is crashing. Please respond, you're the only person to have ever helped me this far.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

Sorry for the long repy, but, I uninstalled my gpu, ran fine for a day and a half, and reinstalled it, then my computer wouldn't start back up. So I reinstalled my Operating system.

ApXGaming

Reputable
May 6, 2015

Well, after reinstalling operating system, complete system restore to factory defaults, I have come accross a few theories. I think it's directx causing my issue. My computer was running fine without it installed, and once I installed it, my computer crashed after the first game I played. Could this be causing an issue or am I just going crazy trying to think of ideas