My Computer is freezing and restarting when gaming

Herooftime2008

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
hey

I have a weird problem, when I play games, in the first 5 minutes only, my pc freezes and restarts on its own, if it went through these 5 minutes, that wouldn't happen, also, if it restarts once, I can play as many times as I want, if and only if I don't shut it down.

but today, it froze and restarted 3 consecutive times, as well as I couldn't play more than 5 minutes as I mentioned before. I tried prime95 and the temp is fine, then tried MSI afterburn and the temp also fine.

what could be the problem guys?

Herooftime2008

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

The battery is 5 years old, I tries to reset BIOS to its default values ( CPU was overclocked ), and up to now, everything is ok. If the issue happened again, I would replace the battery. Thank You.

Herooftime2008

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Hey, I replaced the battery and the problem still persists, it seems worse now, any suggestions?

Herooftime2008

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

There’s another problem, the performance had downgraded, there is a huge drop in framerates, I checked BIOS and CPU and everthing is fine as previous, do you what caused this problem? Sorry to bother you, thank you friend

Herooftime2008

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Yeah temps are fine and the voltage as well, I don’t know, but this problem happened only when I changed the battery, There’s something wrong here.. how can I know if the GPU or CPU that constraints the other?

Edit: I tried to take out the battery and place it after 5 minutes, but the problem still persistents

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Herooftime2008 : "PC freezing and restarting"