[SOLVED] My computer is freezing when i play games or i start rendering a video!! I don't know why it's happening.

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
This issue had been worrying me since 4-5 years. When i play a game or render avideo my computer freezes after sometime idk why??
First i thought ram is the reason behind this. So i bought a new ram but still the same problem happened.
Then i bought a new gpu i.e. gt 1030 but still same thing happened
Then i thought it was happening because of my cpu(g2020) so i bought core i5 3570
But still same problem
The only suspects left are my mobo,psu,hdd
This is my rig:
Asus h61m-k
I5 3570
Gt 1030
Toshiba 500gb hdd
6gb ddr 3 ram 1333mhz
Psu:intex 450 20+4 pin sata
I think my psu is the culprit
Please tell me if there is anything to do??

Solution
T

thanks for the opinion bro
I will look forward to it
Ok so about corsair. The vs series is an old platform that is why it is not suggested, because it doesn't perform as well as the cx or the even more expensive sf series. The vs450 psu will be more than enough for your system, don't return it now you can even put a 1050 ti on it. The sf450 can even run a 1080. It is all about quality. However of you are planning to connect any gpu that requires more than 90 or maybe 120w then I'd definitely suggest an upgrade. For now keep the vs 450. Btw I'm running a 1060 off a cx450 that's why I suggested you that one. If this psu solves the issue than well done if not than you need further "investigation". Anyways keep us updated

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
This issue had been worrying me since 4-5 years. When i play a game or render avideo my computer freezes after sometime idk why??
First i thought ram is the reason behind this. So i bought a new ram but still the same problem happened.
Then i thought it was happening because of my cpu(g2020) so i bought core i5 3570
But still same problem
This is my rig:
Asus h61m-k
I5 3570
Gt 1030
Toshiba 500gb hdd
6gb ddr 3 ram 1333mhz
Hello,
I doubt your psu would be the problem, probably because your system has a very low tdp with that 1030. It is probably a dying hdd. I've been experiencing the same issue with my 500gb hdd. Then I checked the condition with hard disk sentinel and it said it is on 79%. Then I vhanged the hard drive and my problems were gone. I advise you to download hard disk sentinel and check if the hdd is the issue.

Reactions: iamyash03

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
This issue had been worrying me since 4-5 years.
But still same problem
This is my rig:
Asus h61m-k
I5 3570
Gt 1030
Toshiba 500gb hdd
6gb ddr 3 ram 1333mhz
I am buying a new corsair vs 450
If it fix the problem i will keep you updated☺☺

Last edited:

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Ok l will checkif any problem has been foind on my hdd
Thanks for the suggestion
Hello,
I doubt your psu would be the problem, probably because your system has a very low tdp with that 1030. It is probably a dying hdd. I've been experiencing the same issue with my 500gb hdd. Then I checked the condition with hard disk sentinel and it said it is on 79%. Then I vhanged the hard drive and my problems were gone. I advise you to download hard disk sentinel and check if the hdd is the issue.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
I am buying a new corsair vs 450
If it fix the problem i will keep you updated☺☺
DON'T get the vs450. It is a bad psu. If you are looking for corsair budget yet good quality get cx series or you can go with evga br series, and you can also get fsp hexa+ psu. But even if it is not the psu causing the issue you should get a new 80+ one, just in case you plan on further upgrading. I don't think it is the mobo cuz you'd have other issues than games freezing.

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
DON'T get the vs450. It is a bad psu. If you are looking for corsair budget yet good quality get cx series or you can go with evga br series, and you can also get fsp hexa+ psu. But even if it is not the psu causing the issue you should get a new 80+ one, just in case you plan on further upgrading. I don't think it is the mobo cuz you'd have other issues than games freezing.
bro it has a 4.5 rating
for my setup i think vs 450 won't be bad
and i have ordered that 3 days ago
and it will reach me by 1st, so i cant do anything now .

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Hello,
my hdd is 100% bro
my dd is perfect
so that means its my psu

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-CP-90...r+vs450&qid=1559134152&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spell
i am buying this one so tell me if this is good
And this psu also has 80+ white uk certification

Last edited:
Sorry, not considered good.
Tier 5 on this list:

There have to be better choices if you are buying new.

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
B
Sorry, not considered good.
Tier 5 on this list:

There have to be better choices if you are buying new.
BUt bro i think it will be enough for my rig
And it gives a good performance to price ratio

You asked for an opinion; I gave you mine.
Corsair is not considered as a dangerous PSU, one that will damage other parts if it fails.
And... Corsair is very good with replacing Power supplies that fail under warranty, I have had to return two CX430 units in the past.
The rap on the VS units is that they are more failure prone.

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
T
You asked for an opinion; I gave you mine.
Corsair is not considered as a dangerous PSU, one that will damage other parts if it fails.
And... Corsair is very good with replacing Power supplies that fail under warranty, I have had to return two CX430 units in the past.
The rap on the VS units is that they are more failure prone.

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
T

Ok so about corsair. The vs series is an old platform that is why it is not suggested, because it doesn't perform as well as the cx or the even more expensive sf series. The vs450 psu will be more than enough for your system, don't return it now you can even put a 1050 ti on it. The sf450 can even run a 1080. It is all about quality. However of you are planning to connect any gpu that requires more than 90 or maybe 120w then I'd definitely suggest an upgrade. For now keep the vs 450. Btw I'm running a 1060 off a cx450 that's why I suggested you that one. If this psu solves the issue than well done if not than you need further "investigation". Anyways keep us updated

Solution

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
OK bro i will not cancel my order
thanks and i am happy that it is sufficient for my rig
and thanks again for all the help
if it resolves the problem i will keep you updated!!!

henry.j.kautz

Prominent
Jul 21, 2018
But still same problem
This is my rig:
Asus h61m-k
I5 3570
Gt 1030
Toshiba 500gb hdd
6gb ddr 3 ram 1333mhz
Your PSU is trash, replace it immediately. Don't push it in the meantime. Invest in an EVGA 450BR or a Corsair CX450.

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
Bro still this problem is occurring i have changed my psu
But still while playing games this problem is occurring
A freeze

iamyash03

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
B
What kind of exact freeze is this? Could you record it? I am very sorry the problem is still occuring. Btw it's good that you got a new psu
Bro i start playing a game!!
I play it for 5 to 10 minutes
Then my computer screen just freezes with a wierd sound like (jhrr jhrrr)!!
Nothing i can do
I have to restart my pc to make it running again

hephaistos

Reputable
Feb 23, 2018
If anyone is reading this thread, than it turned out after long troubleshooting that the problem was with a corrupt old 2gb ram stick.

TRENDING THREADS