Question My computer is not booting on

mark.r2nd

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Hello, I was building my computer, I took my old components from a storebuilt MSI Nightblade B85C which I got 5 years ago, but I put a new stick of RAM a year ago which worked fine and now plugged a GTX 1060 and a new 600W PSU. I had attached all of the cables, screws and everything correctly, but plugging it into the power outlet and pressing the power button from the front panel doesn't work. I am curious as to what is the problem, because I am not correctly sure if I plugged everything 100% correct, I did not find any information on what my motherboard model is and how should I connect the front panel connectors, any help is greatly appreciated!

Oct 24, 2019
Most likely culprit is that you didn't connect the power button leads into the correct headers and that's preventing the power button from functioning.

Did you get the large (24-pin) connector from the PSU to the mobo seated so that the latch engaged?
Ya if check your headers try plugging it in as combos
::::.
It will be a connector like this called a 10 pin connector and most likely the right most on the upper row are the ones.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mark.r2nd

mark.r2nd

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Most likely culprit is that you didn't connect the power button leads into the correct headers and that's preventing the power button from functioning.

Did you get the large (24-pin) connector from the PSU to the mobo seated so that the latch engaged?
Yes, it's seated that there is not even a tiny gap, I connected it a few days ago with an audible latch click, I think the problem is in the front panel connectors since I don't know which configuration to connect them in, my MOBO manual doesn't tell me

mark.r2nd

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Ya if check your headers try plugging it in as combos
::::.
It will be a connector like this called a 10 pin connector and most likely the right most on the upper row are the ones.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
I connected it exactly to that port, 4x2 with one extra pin as shown on your picture, but I don't know the layout and my MOBO manual doesn't teach me

Does your mobo manual state a model number for your mobo? Since MSI makes mobos, I'd have a hard time believing it's not an MSI mobo in this system. We know it's a B85 chipset, mITX form factor. So I'll go out on a limb and say its a MSI B85I.

One of the rows for the front panel has 1 less pin. In that same row, the power switch negative goes on the next pin, and the power switch positive goes on the pin after that.

Last edited:

mark.r2nd

Prominent
Jul 29, 2018
Does your mobo manual state a model number for your mobo? Since MSI makes mobos, I'd have a hard time believing it's not an MSI mobo in this system. We know it's a B85 chipset, mITX form factor. So I'll go out on a limb and say its a MSI B85I.

One of the rows for the front panel has 1 less pin. In that same row, the power switch negative goes on the next pin, and the power switch positive goes on the pin after that.
I was looking for some info online and it seems like it is a specific Microstar Nightblade B85C mobo, but I am sure that the row configuration is the same for most of the B85 series mobos for cheaper production and less confusion. So you mean I would connect it (when looking from a ::::. perspective) top row with one less pin would be LED positive, LED negative, power switch. Next row HDD switch and Reset switch, leaving one extra pin out there. Is that correct?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS