Question My computer is not running as well as it should :(

Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone.
I have never used this site before so please correct me if this is not the right thread for this :)
I have a pc that I bought around 3,5 years ago, and even though 3,5 years is a bit of a while for a pc I feel like it is not running games nearly as well as it should.
It has the following specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
CPU: Intel i5 7600 3.5 Mhz 4 threads 4 cores.
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z270-P
RAM: 16GB
I can't run The Witcher 3 on more than medium settings without dropping below 90-100 FPS. This game has also started crashing when I play. It also can't run Horizon zero dawn (a game from the year it was bought) on more than low graphics without dropping below 50-60 fps.
The only games it can run reliably are league of legends and world of warcraft (that I play)
I have tried overclocking yesterday to see if that would help the performance, however that seems to have made it worse, and I have turned it off again.
Is there anything I can do to help it?

Dec 6, 2020
Hi I am not exactly sure what a psu is, so that I dont know unfortunately.
My Cpu is around 71-75 degrees C and is at around 80%-85% during gameplay on task manager.
My gpu is around 80-82 degrees C and is at around 5-10 during gameplay on task manager though I have wondered why it is that low.
I have both an ssd and an hdd