my computer is plugged in to a power supply but cannot turn on. what are the possible reasons?

Xuebao61

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
Maybe the PSU got turned off. Check the switch on the back. Another thing that could've happened is if your PC is connected to a surge protector/power strip, that may have accidentally been turned off. Also, make sure the power cord is seated firmly in the back of the power supply ((just push on the base of the end connecting to the PSU)), that may have come loose somehow.

jeydee

Reputable
Dec 22, 2015

Xuebao61

Reputable
Dec 7, 2015
The power switch I was talking about won't be on your PC, since the AIO ((All in one)) has an external power supply. There was no reset button I could find in the diagrams I looked through. Try making sure the cord that goes from the wall into the power brick is firmly inside of the power brick. Also, make sure that the power is going to the outlet, if it can be turned on and off. Some outlets can be turned on and off like a light, usually with an on/off switch. You'd know if it could, so you don't need to go searching around.