My computer is running slow?

ZombieRazor

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
I have very recently moved a large amount of files from my computer and external hard drives to a larger external hard drive and now my computer is massively slow. Even in opening basic programs like Word. To my knowledge I didn't move any programs. Just movies and music. Any ideas why it would do this? Oh and how would I change where my media player searches for music, because since moving it I can't get any of it to play from the new hard drive. Also since moving the files my mouse is also running very slow as if it's not registering when I move it.

Solution
I guess your problem is kinda related with corrupt system files, lack of drive optimization, problem pertaining with startup items and so on. You can fix the issue just by downloading hotfix or following alternative steps given below.
Clean Temporary Files:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
2. Select a disk drive, click OK.
3. Clean-up all temporary files, system and browser cache, setup extracted files, and so on.

Optimize Background Services:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | Run.
2. Type “Services.msc” (without quotes).
3. Click OK button.
4. Scroll down, locate and right click an unnecessary services item and select Stop.

profkefah

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2012
follow this
download ccleaner from thislink
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?93gx7e82pv1qoeb
install it only
donot run it
then download ccleaner enhancer from this link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5j2bjxex8d5hb59
run it
and press download latest
then run ccleaner now
now
in
cleaning tab
check all selection in windows and application tab
except the selection of wipe free space in windows tab
press cean now button in the right side
after that go to registery tab and press search for
then press fix all selected
then
download antimalwarebyte from this link
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u1aoh19sq1bs1t9
install it and run it then update it if it asked
then perform full scan to whole computer partitions from safe mode
and remove all threats

ZombieRazor

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

Thank You. I don't know if it has worked yet. I restarted the computer and it seems better all on its own. I already had the CCleaner and had forgotten about it. It found a couple hundred fixes. So it should be better anyway. I regularly use Malwarebyte and it found nothing today. I also scanned with AVG and Super antispyware and mostly nothing. Hopefully this will help. I will keep the CCleaner in mind next time.

pchelper652

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
You might want to try the following to troubleshoot to if it is a hardware problem or software problem.

Checking your Hardware
Yes, Physically cleaning your computer can help reduce the heat build up. If it is a laptop you can buy a fan to place under your laptop to cool it down. Check to see in your task monitor if you are using alot of RAM or cpu cycles. If you are using up a large percentage of your RAM you probably need upgrade to more RAM or use less programs at the same time. If you CPU is continously spiking, it could be your computer is overheating or you have a program that using it. You can try to find and kill it using your task monitor.

Cleaning Up Your OS
1) run chdsk on your harddrive to see if you have any bad sectors
2) try degfraging your harddrive
4) if using a lot of ram try uninstalling some of your unused software
You can try some software to fix some of these problem if you dont want to do it manually.
Checkout http://solvingpcproblems.com

phurba-vikas

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
I guess your problem is kinda related with corrupt system files, lack of drive optimization, problem pertaining with startup items and so on. You can fix the issue just by downloading hotfix or following alternative steps given below.
Clean Temporary Files:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk CleanUp.
2. Select a disk drive, click OK.
3. Clean-up all temporary files, system and browser cache, setup extracted files, and so on.

Optimize Background Services:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs | Accessories | Run.
2. Type “Services.msc” (without quotes).
3. Click OK button.
4. Scroll down, locate and right click an unnecessary services item and select Stop.

Solution