Question My computer is stuck on the Blue Screen ar 1%

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
Hi, yesterday I was in my MS Config settings and change the timeout from 30 seconds to 5 seconds which someone told me I should do and i restarted my computer neuter afterwards from doing this, it then made 5 loud beeps and then went to a blue screen with the error code 'Bad MS Config info' - I looked up the 5 beeps and it said CPU failure.

I am now stuck on 0% for around 8 hours now on the Blue Screen and i don't know what to do to fix this. I know that afterwards I think I will do a Command Prompt as the option to fix this but I don't know if I'll actually get to that, at this stage because of being stuck on the blue screen.

I don't know what to do as it is stuck on the blue screen screen. Please can somebody help?

Specs:
AMD FX-6300
MSI 970 Gaming
Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM 16GB
Corsair CS650M

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
unplug it
Plug it back in

If it still says that, replace the CPU. The 5 beeps can possibly mean a bad CPU, or many other things. Depends on your motherboard. It should be in the manual somewhere what 5 beeps is supposed to mean.

Reactions: LewisMann

LewisMann

Reputable
Mar 2, 2019
unplug it
Plug it back in

If it still says that, replace the CPU. The 5 beeps can possibly mean a bad CPU, or many other things. Depends on your motherboard. It should be in the manual somewhere what 5 beeps is supposed to mean.
It didn't work. I cannot replace my current cpu as I don't have have enough money. Therefore, I have to upgrade my ram and motherboard for it to be compatible. I can't even enter windows safe mode and I heard from this website that you can't do this if the File is corrupted? And I need to get a disc with windows installed on it for my pc to work again.

It is still stuck on the same blue screen, now saying 'your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart.

Plicker19

Reputable
Mar 22, 2019
are you sure it beeped five times? if it beeped six, or maybe even five, its a bad graphics card.
2381d5c40ad85a0750b1774476a14475-full.png

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Hi, yesterday I was in my MS Config settings and change the timeout from 30 seconds to 5 seconds which someone told me I should do and i restarted my computer neuter afterwards from doing this, it then made 5 loud beeps and then went to a blue screen with the error code 'Bad MS Config info' - I looked up the 5 beeps and it said CPU failure.

I am now stuck on 0% for around 8 hours now on the Blue Screen and i don't know what to do to fix this. I know that afterwards I think I will do a Command Prompt as the option to fix this but I don't know if I'll actually get to that, at this stage because of being stuck on the blue screen.

I don't know what to do as it is stuck on the blue screen screen. Please can somebody help?

Specs:
AMD FX-6300
MSI 970 Gaming
Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM 16GB
Corsair CS650M
The bluescreen is just a way for your computer to compile an error dump file, if it won't do it just turn the pc off and on again. In regards to the timeout option, that's simply to do with the time you have to choose an operating system when multiple are available. If you don't have a dual boot I'm not sure what you were hoping to achieve with changing that option but your computer may have run into an error when running the timeout if you have only 1 operating system installed.