[SOLVED] My computer is suddenly not working ?

Nov 22, 2020
I made this build like two months ago:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
GPU: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 8GB
RAM: 2x Corsari Vengeance 8GB
MoBo: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
PSU: Thermaltake 80 plus 500W

It was working perfectly fine, but was a little noisy, so I got a Reeven Hans RC-1205 fan and installed it. Upon installation, the CPU_FAN was not working (I don't know if it's related) so I connected it to SYS_FAN1 and changed it to PWD on BIOS, using CPU to decide its speed. Everything was working fine for a week. Today I turned the computer on and it didn't work (not sure if it posts, but I suppose it doesn't).

My monitor detects the HDMI connected but no signal. GPU fan turns on, CPU fan turns on. The EZ debug CPU led turns on for like 3 seconds, then off. It flashes for an instant when powered off. I don't have access to any other GPU but may be able to try a Ryzen 5 2400G tomorrow (which could help me pinpoint the problem).

Here's what I've tried:
Changing the GPU to the other PCI port, nothing.
Changing RAM and trying 1 by 1, nothing.
Testing without RAM, EZ debug RAM led stays on.
Testing without CPU, EZ debug CPU led stays on.
Testing without GPU, CPU led turns on, then off, as usual (the GPU led doesn't turn on).
When I opened the case the fan was a little loose, so I swapped it back with the stock fan but still no luck.

Everything is under warranty, but I will need to be able to know who's the culprit so I can send it back, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: When I swapped fans the thermal paste seemed like too much (maybe I applied more than I should have). I will try cleaning the area a little now.

Edit 2: Cleaned it and still same issue. I also forgot to add that I remember the ez debug CPU led turning on at boot always (since I got it), MSI site appears to imply they should turn on as check and then turn (and stay) off (in which case mine is normal?)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020
I can't get to bios, all the fans spin. I tried the 2400g and it booted (from the GPU, too) so I suppose it's the CPU (maybe because of the fan and/or the excess paste), unless anyone has any other ideas (like, the CPU doesn't work because of a different problem).