[SOLVED] My computer is the only computer that has internet connection problems

chrismeade1

Prominent
Jul 27, 2018
Title says the problem. I don't know what the problem is, it connects to the internet, Ill get internet connection for a few minutes, and then it'll stop working but Im still connected to the wifi. Same problem with ethernet. My laptop is the only device with this problem. Any clue what to do? I have tried setting my dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and doing google's testing but that didnt help.

Solution
Title says the problem. I don't know what the problem is, it connects to the internet, Ill get internet connection for a few minutes, and then it'll stop working but Im still connected to the wifi. Same problem with ethernet. My laptop is the only device with this problem. Any clue what to do? I have tried setting my dns settings to 8.8.8.8 and doing google's testing but that didnt help.
Get a portable Linux CD/USB. Boot that. That will allow you to separate a software from a hardware problem.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Ensure that only one network adapter - either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both at the same time.

Make and model router? Or modem/router if a combination device.

Who has full admin rights to your router?

You may need help from that person.

chrismeade1

Prominent
Jul 27, 2018
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Ensure that only one network adapter - either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both at the same time.

Make and model router? Or modem/router if a combination device.

Who has full admin rights to your router?

You may need help from that person.
Gotcha, Ill update the post when I get back to work tomorrow, thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
Get a portable Linux CD/USB. Boot that. That will allow you to separate a software from a hardware problem.

Solution