Question My computer is turning itself off after I installed Windows 10

Jul 17, 2019
For some time I've been having problems with my CPU temperature. When I was playing (still in Windows 8.1), the processor easily reached 100 ° C and the computer shut down, activating the ASUS Anti Surge. Three days ago, I bought a new CPU and new coolers. Since then, temperatures have hardly risen above 60 ° C. However, I had to format the entire computer and ended up installing Windows 10 Education 64x, since I had the key available to him. That's when my problems came back.

I have already updated all my drivers and completed all Windows Update updates, but now when I open the Warframe game, for example, the computer shuts off before I can even log in. Just recently, I had Battle.net and the Warframe launcher linked together with Google Chrome, and Anti Surge was activated again. This happens every time I try to get into the Warframe and now it seems to be happening too when I open many things.

What could be causing this? Windows 10? (I found some bugs in just one day of use) Why did not it happen one day and now it happens?

Here are my specs:

Windows 10 Education 64x
Intel Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz
P8H61-M LX3 R2.0 (LGA1155) Motherboard
AMD Radeon HD 7770 1gb
4gb RAM
DirectX 12
PSU Seventeam 470w

Well.. I'm not convinced that it's the PSU... but the fact that you're using a 10 year old equivalent to a modern day 350W (I know the label says it's a 470W, but actually READ the label. There's only 27A on the +12V, max power is 452W. 470W is including the -12V and +5VSB which is bull shit. And the PSU doesn't even have PFC.)

It's an old, garbage PSU and if you have ANY problems potentially related to power, it should be the FIRST THING you swap out.

How are you even powering that graphics card with that PSU? I don't think the PSU even has a PCIe power connector! Or are you using one of those god awful Molex to PCIe adapters?

Jul 17, 2019
Well.. I'm not convinced that it's the PSU... but the fact that you're using a 10 year old equivalent to a modern day 350W (I know the label says it's a 470W, but actually READ the label. There's only 27A on the +12V, max power is 452W. 470W is including the -12V and +5VSB which is bull shit. And the PSU doesn't even have PFC.)

It's an old, garbage PSU and if you have ANY problems potentially related to power, it should be the FIRST THING you swap out.

How are you even powering that graphics card with that PSU? I don't think the PSU even has a PCIe power connector! Or are you using one of those god awful Molex to PCIe adapters?

I see, thank you very much for the answer. Could you tell me how much energy I need for these specifications? And why in Windows 8.1 the problem did not happen?

Thank you again.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I honestly forgot Seventeam was still a thing. I would have assumed that using their own PSUs would have burned down their corporate offices by now.

Reactions: jonnyguru
I see, thank you very much for the answer. Could you tell me how much energy I need for these specifications? And why in Windows 8.1 the problem did not happen?

Thank you again.

I already said I'm not convinced the problem may not be the PSU. You're the one that posted in the PSU forum. Obviously you were already suspect of your PSU.

Windows 10 needs more resources. Perhaps the power required for these resources pushes the PSU over its limits.

You don't need MORE power, really. You just need to not use an absolute garbage PSU.

Jul 17, 2019
I already said I'm not convinced the problem may not be the PSU. You're the one that posted in the PSU forum. Obviously you were already suspect of your PSU.

Windows 10 needs more resources. Perhaps the power required for these resources pushes the PSU over its limits.

You don't need MORE power, really. You just need to not use an absolute garbage PSU.

Thank you for the reply.