Question My computer is underperforming and I don't understand why

JRP Jacob

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
I've had my computer through different setups over the years and right now as it sits it is underperforming. My computer will run poorly on games it should run just fine on, but what I notice is that that my utilizations for my CPU and GPU are usually very low, I don't know why my computer does this as I'm pretty sure I have enough power from my PSU and my thermals seem to be good, my drivers are up to date, I've done fresh installs for them but no matter what I do it always seems to just run bad. I do even use programs like DDU to do fresh installs for drivers for my gpu and the computer will still underperform. My build also has some other problems that may help someone to be able to assist me with this issue so here are some issues it has other than the main issue. The windows 10 search bar in the bottom left corner I cannot type in for whatever reason, I will sometimes be using my computer and all my peripherals such as my monitors, my keyboard, and mouse will all shutoff and they will not turn back on unless I turn off the pc and turn it back on, I also see this weird thing on my screen whenever I first turn the computer on and I will put a picture in here of that so you can see it as well as list my build below. The Link to see the picture of the screen is right here. View: https://imgur.com/a/IYEt4NC

My pc build:
Ryzen 5 1600AF
Tomahawk b450
Gigabyte RX 580 8gb XFX version
EVGA supernova G2 550w 80+gold certified PSU
16gb 3000MHz ddr4 corsair vengeance ram
Samsung evo 860 500gb SSD
My old 1tb WD HDD that is 10 years old
Sata 3 110gb SSD
Deepcool case

Lutfij

Titan
By years, how old is the PSU? You're actually borderline on the power needs of the entire system if the PSU is brand new. If it's old, then you're underpowered for your build. I'd suggest sourcing a PSU that has at least 650W of power for the entire system(borrowed from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU) and see if the system is back up and running.

Which BIOS version are you working with on your motherboard? What OS version are on you at the time of writing?

JRP Jacob

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
The PSU has actually been used in this pc since 2016, as for the BIOS Version it's American Megatrends INC. 1.D0 and my OS version is 10.0.18363 Build 18363 (Currently on Windows 10 Pro).