Question My computer is very slow and glitchy when I DONT have a game open?

aidenhol884

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
I have installed the newest versions of both my audio and graphics card drivers. Whenever I open my computer, it acts completely normal for a couple of minutes. Then the entire system becomes laggy, things take a while to load, and my video skips around, it looks like about 1fps. The audio is also extremely glitchy and lets out a constant clack noise about every .5 seconds. But when I do open up a game such as Mordhau or Rust or any other graphically intensive game, my computer runs perfectly fine, just like when I built it. The audio is perfect, and my browsers, system, as well as my game, run flawlessly.
Here are my specs:
XFX RX 580 8gb ddr5 GPU
Ryzen 3 2200g CPU
16gb ddr4 3200 mhz ram (running at 2133 for some reason)
AB350m-ds3h motherboard
500gb m.2 with windows on it
250gb sata ssd
1tb sata hard drive
Thermaltake smart 500w bronze

Reactions: Alexxa
Feb 19, 2021
Maybe you have issues with windows updating service? When you play the computer resources are busy playing and updates are suspended or something similar to this, like there was such a function in windows. Or issue with you power mode where frequency of CPU or GPU is go down.

aidenhol884

Commendable
Dec 26, 2018
Maybe you have issues with windows updating service? When you play the computer resources are busy playing and updates are suspended or something similar to this, like there was such a function in windows. Or issue with you power mode where frequency of CPU or GPU is go down.
Would this power saving mode be created by windows? or maybe i can turn it off in the bios?
Also, ever since this problem started, i have not received a single windows update, so it is possible that this is the issue. To fix this, should i reset my hard drive/ssds and download a new version of windows? or should i manually install windows updates online?
Thank you for your time.

Reactions: Alexxa

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS