My computer isnt having the best of luck...help!

Filius_Aurorae

Honorable
May 28, 2015
I have a pc that I am guessing overheated and then just shut off. I have a sabertooth990fx r2.0 motherboard. 16GB of RAM, an AMD 8350 8 core black edition cpu, an msi 970 graphics card. I have no integrated graphics. I also have a giant heat sink and use a ceramic thermal paste and my power supply is a corsair cx750.

So the other day I was playing Planet Coaster and everything had been running great. Well, all of a sudden the computer shuts off. I checked the side and it was pretty hot in there. I have a rear chassis fan and front. Anywho, I let it sit for and few hours and came back to it and it powered on but the monitors didn't come on. The graphics card fans powered up and the Msi light came on. Now, idk if it's the issue or of its my cpu...I have had the cpu overheat before.

Any help would be great...thanks!

Solution
Reading everytime makes me think it's a power issue.That psu might shut off as well when too hot so try with another psu first.
Although 750watts is the old Corsair CX series as you have it not the best choice for a gaming machine.
If a friend let's you test wit his psu would that be nice or maybe a local shop can help out (maybe with the promise that if they have decent ones you buy there?).

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Reading everytime makes me think it's a power issue.That psu might shut off as well when too hot so try with another psu first.
Although 750watts is the old Corsair CX series as you have it not the best choice for a gaming machine.
If a friend let's you test wit his psu would that be nice or maybe a local shop can help out (maybe with the promise that if they have decent ones you buy there?).

Solution