My computer just stops. No blue screen.

alucardsfate

Reputable
May 22, 2018
Hello everyone, I have had this issue for a long time now. But my computer, seemingly at random just STOPS. No blue screen or stop code I can look up. It just stops. I have to hard reset. I figured it was some kind of hardware issue so I have been slowly replacing things as I can afford to and have replaced everything except for the Motherboard, CPU and SSD. (I did run some diagnostic software on the SSDs and it says it's totally fine) It seems random so I have no reliable way of replicating the issue. It doesn't do it some days or sometimes it will do it two or three times a day. I also looked into possibly it being an overheating issue but my CPU doesn't seem to get very hot according to any hardware monitors I've tried. I can troubleshoot most small issues but this seems over my head and I am at a loss...so I am here. I would appreciate any input you all may have.

My hardware is as follows:

AMD FX 8370 (With CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo Cooler)
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5
16GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1866 (4GBx4)
Zotac GTX 1070ti Mini
Cooler Master MasterWatt 650W PSU
Windows 10 Pro
Samsung 840 Pro SSD (Windows is on this Drive)
Intel SSD 730 240GB
500GB WD Black HDD
Sony Optiarc DVDRW AD-7240S

Thank you so much for any help. If I can provide any additional information to help this along let me know. Thanks again!

alucardsfate

Reputable
May 22, 2018
That was one of my first thoughts. I did test the previous RAM (Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GBx2) and it came up clean. I have since replaced it since I needed more anyway. And since it was already doing it before, I don't think it was the RAM. As far as the CPU goes, I am not overclocking it. I did read around about the "AMD Cool and Quiet" feature sometimes causing issues so I turned that off and there is no difference.

The only things I haven't replaced are the CPU, motherboard and SSDs/HDDs. I wonder if it's the board as it's the oldest thing in there. (I bought it way back with one of the original Bulldozer CPUs). But how would I test that?

alucardsfate

Reputable
May 22, 2018
Well, the Samsung 840 is fairly old I suppose. I bought it maybe 5 years ago? That is the one that Windows is on. The Intel one is maybe 3. This one just has applications and games. The WD Black is probably 5 or 6. This one is just a storage drive with music etc on it. I did run some diagnostic software on the SSDs maybe a month or so ago and it didn't say anything was wrong with them.

I also just physically checked my Motherboard for any bulging or popped capacitors and I don't see any. So confused. It's hard to tell if anything fixes it because it's so random. If I could reliably replicate it that would help, but sometimes it doesn't do it all day. Other times it does it like 3 times.