Question My computer keeps black screening?

Aug 8, 2022
Hello,
I build my pc a few months ago now and i didn't have a problem with it till a week ago...
My computer keeps black screening,
my monitors both go black and say ''no signal'' Sometimes it restarts automaticly and other times i have to restart it using the button.
But its not all the time,
the other day i can game all day without any black screens and the other day i get them every 20 minutes or so.
I updated my drivers, i checked for viruses...
I can't seem to find the problem maybe i should just buy a new PSU and see if it fixes it?
Will a full RESET on my pc help?

PC SPECS: CPU - I9-9900K 3.60 GHz
Ram: 32GB
Motherboard: GigaByte Z390 UD V2
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 (MSI)
PSU : CORSAIR RM750W

Thanks for ur time.

Hello,
I build my pc a few months ago now and i didn't have a problem with it till a week ago...
My computer keeps black screening,
my monitors both go black and say ''no signal'' Sometimes it restarts automaticly and other times i have to restart it using the button.
But its not all the time,
the other day i can game all day without any black screens and the other day i get them every 20 minutes or so.
I updated my drivers, i checked for viruses...
I can't seem to find the problem maybe i should just buy a new PSU and see if it fixes it?
Will a full RESET on my pc help?

PC SPECS: CPU - I9-9900K 3.60 GHz
Ram: 32GB
Motherboard: GigaByte Z390 UD V2
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 (MSI)
PSU : CORSAIR RM750W

Thanks for ur time.
Does it only black screen while you are gaming? Have you checked your temperatures (CPU and GPU) while gaming?

Aug 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Sometimes it restarts automaticly
Please try and borrow a reliably built PSU of the same wattage or higher and see if the issue persists.

How are you cooling the processor?
Im using the ''coolermaster hyper 212''... The temperatures on my pc don't go above 60 Celcius tho... Also no spikes in task manager on CPU,GPU and memory

Aug 8, 2022
Is 60 C the max while you are actually gaming? I'm pretty sure you can configure HWINFO to log to a file and then check temps after your PC restarts.
Yes, i ran a app to check temperatures and everything was good even when it was 40 celcius outside...
The weird part is that this black screens didn't happen for 3 days and now they are back

Im using the ''coolermaster hyper 212''... The temperatures on my pc don't go above 60 Celcius tho... Also no spikes in task manager on CPU,GPU and memory
This, is simply not possible using the Hyper 212 EVO with a 9900k. Especially on what is one of the lowest end possible Z390 boards out there.

Now, if you're not doing ANYTHING demanding, at all, ever, and are simply using the system to play extremely lightweight games like Minecraft or browser based games, or to browse the web, or to run light office applications, then that might be accurate. But if you are doing anything at all resembling serious gaming, or running anything remotely demanding, there is no possible way that board and that cooler and most especially the two of them TOGETHER, could possibly keep a 9900k below 60°C under those conditions. And if you're NOT doing any of those things, then there was no point in buying a 9900k, so I'd have to assume you NEEDED a CPU that could perform at a high level while running under demanding conditions.

What are you using to monitor your thermal compliance and what are you running when you check it, exactly?

What is the ACTUAL model of the memory kit you are running, and how many DIMMs are in that kit? Did all of the memory you are running come together in a single kit or are you running DIMMs from multiple kits together? Knowing the exact model number of any/all memory kits you've tried to run with this motherboard would be helpful.

What motherboard BIOS version do you currently have installed?

What Windows version are you running?

Have you visited the motherboard product page and downloaded/installed the MOST recent drivers for your chipset (.inf), audio chipset AND network adapters (LAN/Ethernet)?

Have you run Windows update until there are no remaining updates, even under the "Optional updates" > "Drivers" section?

Have you done a clean install of the graphics card drivers using the DDU?