Question My computer keeps booting

VertexN7

Honorable
Apr 19, 2016
What happens:

computer starts and shuts in 10 second intervals around 5 times, it then comes up with this screen titled “American Megatrends” and continues to mention it booted in safe mode due to the previous post attempts, after I go to the bios and leave it the computer boots fine, but why does it do this to begin with?

I changed my ram from 2 x16 to a new set of gskill 4 x 8 does that mean I need to change something?

specs

maximus hero 11
I9-9900k
Rtx 3090
Gskill trident 3733mhz

sorry if I have not provided enough information, going through a house move and exhausted.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
sounds like your previous tuning settings don't work with the new memory. Likely your board can't clock the memory quite as high in quad channel mode. First reset all BIOS settings using the factory reset. If that stops the issue, then run the performance tuner app and see how it goes.

Reactions: VertexN7

VertexN7

Honorable
Apr 19, 2016
Using all four slots is not "quad channel", it is two pairs in dual channel mode.

Still waiting for overclocking confirmation and follow-up regarding setting the memory speed to 2133.
Will try regarding the memory speed, my CPU has been Overclocked for the last two years at 5Ghz -