My computer keeps crashing and I don't know why.

aylex

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
So everytime I play a games my pc crashes. In the middle of playing it just shuts down the whole system without warning. My event viewer is giving me this code Event ID 41 category 63. Now at first I thought the issue was with my PSU so I bought a new one but that didn't fix it. All my drivers are up to date aswell so I don't think that could be a problem.

My system:
MSI 890FXA-GD65
AMD x6 Phenom II 1090t Black Edition
Evga GTX 680 2gb
8gbs of corsair vengeance RAM
1TB from Western Digital
850 WATT Rosewill PSU (Brand new)

Solution
You need to give more details.

Crashing can be a number of things:

1) Your CPU, motherboard or RAM is overheating. Get some free apps out there from reputable sites to check out your temps. REAL TEMP, Hardware Monitor etc.
2) Software issues. Reinstalling the OS is the only way to rule out hardware issues. Heck, install Windows fresh on some random hard drive and disconnect all your real ones and see what happens. Microsoft gives you like 30 days before it forces an activation. A lot of times you can even skip putting an activation code altogether during the install for "trial" purposes. It's a gift from Micro$oft.
3) Some faulty component. Again, reinstalling the OS or swapping out parts it the only option.

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
You need to give more details.

Crashing can be a number of things:

1) Your CPU, motherboard or RAM is overheating. Get some free apps out there from reputable sites to check out your temps. REAL TEMP, Hardware Monitor etc.
2) Software issues. Reinstalling the OS is the only way to rule out hardware issues. Heck, install Windows fresh on some random hard drive and disconnect all your real ones and see what happens. Microsoft gives you like 30 days before it forces an activation. A lot of times you can even skip putting an activation code altogether during the install for "trial" purposes. It's a gift from Micro$oft.
3) Some faulty component. Again, reinstalling the OS or swapping out parts it the only option.

Solution