Question My computer keeps crashing when I play games

Jun 2, 2020
I just recently completed my PC build and it was running great for the first 2 weeks. just yesterday I was playing mordhou and my sound started to become crackly and the games frames quickly started to drop and then my computer restarted. I thought it may be a one time deal until today when i tried to play call of duty war zone and the same thing happened 3 times. I decided i would try to completely reset my computer and reinstall all of my drivers but the same problem occurred when i tired launching war zone again. I have no idea how to fix this problem any idea how to fix it?
here are my specs:
motherboard: MPG x570 gaming edge wifi
cpu: AMD ryzen 7 3700x
psu: evga 750w gq gold
ram: g.skill triudentZ RGB series 32 GB ddr 3200
graphics card: msi gaming trio 2080 super

Jay_dog

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
That is a really hot idle temp I'm guessing it goes way up when it is under load...

Reapply thermal paste and clean the cooler and see if that helps. It should.

Jun 2, 2020
I have 6 fans 3 pushing air out and 3 pushing air in. The case i have is the obsidian 500d rgb and the cooler for my cpu is the wraith prism that came with the cpu. I just took the cooler out of the pc/cleaned it off and reapplied thermal paste. I haven't had a restart after one game of war zone which is better then normal.

Jun 2, 2020
while playing space engineers my temps stayed 69-75 C, War zone about 74-80 C, idle on desktop around 52-60 C and while just watching youtube it stayed around 57-62 C. the crackling in my headset only took place during the gaming.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS