[SOLVED] My computer keeps freezing for some reason

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
CPU: Intel 8700K Coffee Lake (1151)
Motherboard: MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB
Samsung 970 EVO 512GB M2
EVGA Geforce 2080 Ti 11GB
Corsair K80 Rapidfire Keyboard
Corsair RGB Nightsword Gaming Mouse
Seagate 12 TB Hard Drive
Western Digital 6TB Hard Drive
Intel Wifi Ac 8325 Network Adapter
Corsair TX850M Power Supply
Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240R Liquid Cooler
Windows 10 Home Version 1903

It started a week ago not sure why? I just reinstalled windows 10 home and it still keeps freezing when i'm doing anything gaming, browsing the web, anything. I tested the memory and no problems. The only thing I really change was network adapter that came with the board. I'm running the latest version of bios 7b45v8. I have had the seagate since feb 2018.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
i'm sorry I didn't say it right. After it froze I unplug the keyboard and reinstall windows to see if it would froze again and it did freeze again. I plug the keyboard into the usb port on the board. It's not the keyboard. So i'm going to try a different mouse and see if it freezes again. if it does then there's 3 devices left video card, wifi network adapter, and power supply. Or the motherboard itself. I'm testing the hard drives now to see if there's a problem. So far the hard drive has passed each test.
Each hard drive came and passed each test. Mouse, Wifi network adapter, power supply, and video card are left.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
No. That's the good part. The bad part is I don't know what it is. Are there any files in the Windows\min dump folder? If not, please provide details the next time this happens. Be as specific as you can.
It hasn't crashed or freezed for 2 days. I unplug the new mouse and plug the old mouse back in and it hasn't freezed. Then I took the old mouse and plug the new mouse back in and it still hasn't freezed. I'm confused now