Corsair K80 Rapidfire Keyboard
Corsair RGB Nightsword Gaming Mouse
Seagate 12 TB Hard Drive
Western Digital 6TB Hard Drive
Intel Wifi Ac 8325 Network Adapter
Corsair TX850M Power Supply
Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240R Liquid Cooler
Windows 10 Home Version 1903

It started a week ago not sure why? I just reinstalled windows 10 home and it still keeps freezing when i'm doing anything gaming, browsing the web, anything. I tested the memory and no problems. The only thing I really change was network adapter that came with the board. I'm running the latest version of bios 7b45v8. I have had the seagate since feb 2018.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
This could well be something, network adapters can cause a wealth of issues.

Have you verified CPU and GPU temps?
Does the issue still occur in safe mode?
Are you running any overclock or XMP at all?

The CPU temperature isbetween 31 and 54 degrees. the video card temperature stays between 35 and 45. I don't know how to overclock the CPU. Plus the CPU is water cooler

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If the issue is occuring on a clean install and in safe mode I would:
  • Verify your storage drives using HD Sentinel
  • Potentiall run memtest to check RAM module integrity

Did you change any hardware or install any new software/drivers just before the freezing started occuring?
You're not running any OC (Overclock) utilities like XTU?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
If the issue is occuring on a clean install and in safe mode I would:
  • Verify your storage drives using HD Sentinel
  • Potentiall run memtest to check RAM module integrity
Did you change any hardware or install any new software/drivers just before the freezing started occuring?
You're not running any OC (Overclock) utilities like XTU?

I already checked my memory twice and no errors were detected. It was freezing before i reinstalled windows 10 home before I installed the network adapter in pci express slot. is it possible for m2 to go bad. I don't have anything overclocked not my graphics or CPU. I don't even know how to overclock a cpu or graphics card.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Have you verified if the freezing still occurs in safe mode?
Can't really test either of them without swapping them.

You can read the voltages from each of the rails of the PSU using something like HWInfo, but that's not a sure fire way of telling if it's faulty or not.

Presumably the windows is legitimate too? (Sorry, have to ask).
Did the issue only start occurring on the new clean install?

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
Have you verified if the freezing still occurs in safe mode?
Can't really test either of them without swapping them.

You can read the voltages from each of the rails of the PSU using something like HWInfo, but that's not a sure fire way of telling if it's faulty or not.

Presumably the windows is legitimate too? (Sorry, have to ask).
Did the issue only start occurring on the new clean install?
but the temperature on the Samsung 970 evo is high could that be causing the freezing as all?

I don't think running it in safe mode is going to fix the problem. It was freezing before I reinstalled windows 10. Of course the windows is legitimate. It started before I reinstalled windows 10 home edition

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
but the temperature on the Samsung 970 evo is high could that be causing the freezing as all?

I don't think running it in safe mode is going to fix the problem. It was freezing before I reinstalled windows 10. Of course the windows is legitimate. It started before I reinstalled windows 10 home edition
It's not about if it will fix the problem, it's about identifying if it is completely hardware or a third party program loading up that is leading to the problem, if the freezing still occurs in safe mode, then you pretty much know you're on hardware diagnosis, if the freezing stops, you know it's a module loading up thats causing the problem. Which it very often can be.

Of course the windows is legitimate. It started before I reinstalled windows 10 home edition
Again apologies, meant no offense, you'd be surprised how many people come on asking for similar advice who then have an illegal windows installed, just had to eliminate the possibility.

Overheating SSDs can easily cause slow downs, how hot is it getting? HD Sentinel would usually highlight it if the temperature is excessive.

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
It's not about if it will fix the problem, it's about identifying if it is completely hardware or a third party program loading up that is leading to the problem, if the freezing still occurs in safe mode, then you pretty much know you're on hardware diagnosis, if the freezing stops, you know it's a module loading up thats causing the problem. Which it very often can be.

Again apologies, meant no offense, you'd be surprised how many people come on asking for similar advice who then have an illegal windows installed, just had to eliminate the possibility.

Overheating SSDs can easily cause slow downs, how hot is it getting? HD Sentinel would usually highlight it if the temperature is excessive.

Don't worry about the legitimate windows no big deal. the temperature is 50 Degrees on the m2 that is on the motherboard

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
Don't worry about the legitimate windows no big deal. the temperature is 50 Degrees on the m2 that is on the motherboard
I wouldn't expect that to be overheating, most SSDs can run anything from 30-70 degrees.
Even here https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/samsung-970-evo-m-2-500gb-nvme-ssd-review,6.html shows it running up to 72 at times.

I don't know./ It's not the memory , the 3 hard drives, the video card is fine, and got to be motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS