Question My Computer Keeps Freezing PLEASE HELP

Jun 7, 2022
Ok, this is going to take a bit of text, however should be pretty helpful if anyone at all can help.
It first started around 7 - 8 days ago, I turned on my computer, it booted kind of weirdly as the loading screen didn't smoothly transition into the login screen that windows has but instead abruptly stopped the loading spinning circle and sent me straight to the login page. I logged in, and played some games and didn't think much of it. The next day however, I got back from school and I turned on my computer and all of a sudden it bluescreens.
After this bluescreen, I try to boot windows however it either shows 3 screens, the screen with the Windows Logo with no loading circle, the Windows Logo with a loading circle however frozen, or just a black screen. Now, these would vary but always they froze.
So I started going into the BIOS settings and tried to mess with those settings however none worked even after resetting the BIOS to Default Settings. I then did a drastic measure after fiddling with the computer for around a day or two, and tried to just reset the PC entirely. I had a boot disk on me, so I tried running the boot disk. The boot disk started running, however would FREEZE in the middle of downloading, setting up, whatever it needed to do to fully install Windows Operating System into my computer. So, after several attempts, I gave up.

I then instead of trying to download Windows 10 into my computer, I instead tried to use Windows 11. I of course changed the bios settings to allow this Windows installation, however the same problem occurred. However, I did get Windows 11 to finally install onto my computer. However, it would randomly without any warning just freeze my entire monitor whenever I was trying to do tests to check my components.

• I however got to check my RAM sticks, which are 4 sticks of 8 GB of 3200 Corsair Vengeance. All the RAM sticks were passing on the MemTest86.
  • I then checked my CPU, which also had no problems with it. My CPU is an Intel I7 10700 KF.
  • I also tried testing my Graphics Card which also works just fine. I use a RTX 3070 Founders Edition.
  • I also tried running the Command Prompt Troubleshooting methods and used the /DISM commands and the /Scannow command also.
However, nothing worked at all. Now my PC is just sitting on my desk, unable to be used for even an hour.
The freezes also randomly happen, it can take 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or if you're lucky 30-40 minutes. Does anyone have a fix for this? My dad and I have tried for so long and still can not fix this. If anyone has ANY suggestions WHATSOEVER just throw them at me and I'll let you know if it's been tried or not.
My father and I have used almost every method, scoured throughout the Tom's Hardware forums and looked everywhere, but no solution was found

[mod edit: formatting]

Last edited by a moderator:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I edited your post (mainly added spaces) as over 20 lines without a break is too many to ask anyone to read. It also forced me to read it.

What are rest of specs?
CPU: Intel I7 10700 KF
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU: RTX 3070 Founders Edition.
What are the other parts?

My interpretation is it might be the Boot drive. SO what drives do you have?
if it had been ram you would have had more random errors during the install process.

Jun 7, 2022
I believe my boot drive would be the SSD with 500 GB. I also have a 2 TB Hard Drive that I use for games and other softwares. However, there is nothing in the SSD and the Hard Drive as I have done several clean wipes. The SSD should have just the operating system. The SSD is a WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND SATA Drive. For the Hard Drive I do not know. So sorry for the big paragraph and having you read it.

Jun 7, 2022
I believe my boot drive would be the SSD with 500 GB. I also have a 2 TB Hard Drive that I use for games and other softwares. However, there is nothing in the SSD and the Hard Drive as I have done several clean wipes. The SSD should have just the operating system. The SSD is a WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND SATA Drive. For the Hard Drive I do not know. So sorry for the big paragraph and having you read it.
I also have an Asus Prime Z590-P with a Corsair RM Series RM 750 ATX Power Supply.

Jun 7, 2022
I edited your post (mainly added spaces) as over 20 lines without a break is too many to ask anyone to read. It also forced me to read it.

What are rest of specs?
CPU: Intel I7 10700 KF
RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance
GPU: RTX 3070 Founders Edition.
What are the other parts?

My interpretation is it might be the Boot drive. SO what drives do you have?
if it had been ram you would have had more random errors during the install process.
Sorry I interpreted the boot drive wrong, I used 2 different ones, I don’t know if my dad used more but I believe one is a Transcend SD and MicroSD reader with a SD card that has 64 GB. Another one was a flash drive with 8GB dont know the model.

Jun 7, 2022
No, you were right first time with boot drives, I was asking about ssd/hdd, not the flash drives.

try running this on the 500gb WD drive - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?lang=en&p=279
I believe it includes diagnostics tests.

always helps to only have 1 drive in PC when you install windows as it can put parts of itself on other drives when you install.
I have tried running windows on both only the ssd and the hdd but it still had the same problem. I also just ran the diagnostic tests and it said that the drive is fine.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sorry, I missed your reply

Cause is hardware, since it happens on 2 different versions of windows.

I then checked my CPU, which also had no problems with it. My CPU is an Intel I7 10700 KF.
how did you check CPU?
did you run this on it?

Asus Prime Z590-P
latest BIOS?

Jun 7, 2022
Sorry, I missed your reply

Cause is hardware, since it happens on 2 different versions of windows.

how did you check CPU?
did you run this on it?

latest BIOS?
I sent the Asus Motherboard to the company HQ for repairs to see if theres anything wrong. I checked the CPU with the link you sent. I also updated the BIOS several times and also reset the battery thing in the motherboard 3 times and it didn't work.

TRENDING THREADS