My computer keeps freezing

donovannelson99

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018
Hey can someone please help me when i play fortnite and sometimes randomly my computer will freeze the game will freeze then when I alt tab or try and press ctrl alt delete it doesn't respond at all and im forced to restart my computer this happens consistently please help me

graphics crad - nvidia geforce 670
processor - amd athlon x4 630
i run fortnite at epic 720p at 60 fps
\

Solution

I would visit AMD's and Nvidia's websites for updates... if you can install their update utility software, then that may make things easier... instead of having to search for updates manually.

The PC freezes only happens when playing Fortnite.... not on other games?

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
In addition to what above posters have said, also check the paging file. If you have disabled it for any drive, set it to automatic managed by the OS. I had the same issue with Dark Souls 3 and I resolved it by setting page file to system default for all the drives. Only that one game was crashing and none other when the page file was disabled, so its worth a check.

donovannelson99

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018

thank you ill try it

donovannelson99

Commendable
Jul 24, 2018

i am a computer novice so i do not oc in fear for my product lifespan
i do not freeze beyond repair like this in other games
i will update my drivers now

omegadoom13

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

I would visit AMD's and Nvidia's websites for updates... if you can install their update utility software, then that may make things easier... instead of having to search for updates manually.

The PC freezes only happens when playing Fortnite.... not on other games?

Solution