My Computer Keeps On Going Into Sleep Mode

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PwncakesNRofls

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
My problem is fairly simple, just my computer going into sleep mode around every three minutes or so if I don't use my mouse or keyboard. This usually isn't that big of a problem, but when I'm reading a long body of text and not using my mouse or keyboard, it can irk me a little when the screen goes black. I've tried nearly every option on my Windows 7 control panel, but to no avail. Even with my power plan settings directing my computer to never go to sleep and to never turn off its display, it still does the same thing. Strangely enough, this problem only arose after I got a new Logitech M510 wireless mouse. So, people of Tom's Hardware, what do I do to fix this?

Dave_32

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016

bumpusd

Reputable
Jan 16, 2016
Good call Max. I was recently fooling around with some windows 10 themes and one of them must have funked up my screensaver settings. You may have just saved a 32" monitor from a close encounter of the knuckle sandwich kind!

Trude61

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
I have had the very same problem with my Toshiba L500 Satellite, running windows 7. I have followed all the instructions from several different people trying to get anyone's fix to work. But to no avail, so on my very last try I noticed on the Screen Saver Settings screen that a box with a tick in it, is situated directly next to THE "wait: "**BOX"** minutes: it says "On resume, display logon screen" so UN-TICK this box this is the simple answer, to the entire problem. This easy fix worked for me so hopefully it will help you as well!

Trude61

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016

AlSheeberLA

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016

Count on Microsoft to make it pleasant, why a brand new computer w/W-10,user will have to wonder all over to look for an answer, why even when a screen save is chosen, it goes to sleep 3 minutes after an article is read....who are the idiots that design this stupid software?

Brenda_25

Commendable
May 12, 2016

itsmekunal007

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012

itsmekunal007

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
Right click --> Personalise --> screen saver(Bottom right) --> change power setting --> Change when computer sleeps(Left side)

Now change the time to none as per your convinient and It's done.
Thanku:)

semi-quantum

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Right click --> person to person talk --> DON'T BUY ANY LAPTOP for ALTERNATIVE for a PC !!!!

easy !!

My problem ( randomly hibernate,partly sleep ) is solved with buying another new battery

the technician told me he's updated its bios (X550DP) too that disabled fn+f9 touch pad (on,off) ability !!!

he told me this mistake will be returned by new update but I didn't wait for it and took my lap! back

note ---> you don't need any bios update . replace your battery with another standard and don't think about

bios update .

aaaa...!!! another way that solve your problem temporarily , is unplug your inner battery socket

that has solved my problem for several days before final warranty service (main office) for supply day (24sep)

I have my lap top without battery with blinking orange light ! (waiting for new battery)

all randomly hibernate disappeared after this action by him

WARNING!!! : don't open your laptop for unplug it without aiming a technician

good luck

mahawaravani

Commendable
Sep 25, 2016

This even worked for my pc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.