Question My computer keeps on randomly shutting off and I dont know why

jmgriffiths09

Prominent
Sep 16, 2018
My specs:
  • Ryzen 3 2200g
  • GTX 1650 Super (New)
  • 2x8gb Hyper x furry ddr4 2666mhz (1 stick brand new)
  • Asus Prime a320m-e (brand new replacement)
  • Cooler Master 550w modular MWE 80+ gold
  • 240gb BX500 Crucial SSD
  • 2tb Firecuta SSHD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got upgrades for my computer (GTX 1650 super and an extra 8gb stick of ram) and since then I have had loads of issues with my computer shutting off when playing games (EFT and CSGO). The issue first started a few months ago but removing the 2nd stick of ram seemed to resolve it; I got the ram replaced and it didn't fix the issue. I then thought it was the motherboard so I got a replacement which also didn't fix it. As a last resort I bought a NEW PSU after talking to some people. This also didn't fix the issue however it made it so I could play for longer than I was able to before the power supply upgrade. (NOTE: Computer doesn't turn off when 2nd stick of ram isn't in at least before I put in new PSU; Haven't tested with new PSU).

Frankly, I am starting to get sick of the computer and just wanting it to be fixed. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Doesn't shut off, computer monitor doesn't display anything, the keyboard turns off, the mouse turns off and all sounds are cut at the same time.

Last edited: