My computer keeps restarting!

YoRandy

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
My computer keeps restarting at the loading screen, before it even gets to the log in screen, my computer keeps restarting, i tried going into all the modes in F8 including the safe modes, it still don't work, i don't see any blue screen , but when i go to the mode that says don't restart computer when there is a failure, i see a blue screen after the loading screen.

Is there any way to fix this without the CD and without bringing it to the repair store??

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
did you install any programs or updates recently

the easiest way to fix is to borrow a windows disk of someone if your laptop didnt come with one and do a repair install

you will have to give us more info on what you did before this started to happen

YoRandy

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011

i was playing a game and it said my harddrive have problems or something else i forgot what it said, but it said something had a problem and i googld how to fix it , it told me to run chkdsk utility , so i ran it and it took hours, like 1 hour later , the scaning thing was only at like 50% or something. My power went off at like 60% and i tried to restart my computer, but it keeps restarting by itself over and over again.
So there is no way i can fix it without a CD?

TRENDING THREADS