Question My computer keeps shutting off, and I can't figure out why.

Jul 17, 2022
Here's my computer specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Ram: 16gb Corsair ram
Asus Motherboard Rog Strix B550-F
Storage: 4tb Hdd/SSD
Video Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX 560 Series

I started having problems with my computer shutting off randomly about two years ago and have replaced litterally everything in my desktop now to try and fix it. Nothing's original to the computer anymore. The flickering will cause audio glitches and freeze my computer for 10-30 seconds before blackscreening. Sometimes it comes back to normal, but most times it completely crashes my computer. Only a hard reset turns it back on. It started about two years ago, and the first thing I replaced was my video card and power supply. It got progressively worse over the last two years, until I couldn't even boot it up without the audio glitching and freezing. I replaced my processor last week, and it at least allowed me to boot up my computer again. But it's still happening every 2-3 hours now. I replaced my RAM today and it happened again, these were the last to be replaced and now my computer is basically brand new and still freezing.

The strangest part about it all is that high intensity games like ARK and Minecraft don't glitch out. They run as smooth as butter. But when I'm watching something on Chrome, or using my art program (Clip Studio Paint), it'll glitch out every 2-3 hours. Because of this, downloading games or art projects fails constantly because my computer keeps shutting down after a while. So, to download a game to play with my friends this week, I left TableTop Sim on overnight and most the day to download smoothly. No issues there.

I'm super frustrated with the issue, and have no idea why it's doing this. If anyone has any ideas, please share. As I said, I replaced everything, even my case and wires. I'm pulling hair over this.

TRENDING THREADS