Question My computer (laptop) has been crashing a lot lately, I did a memory test using memtest64 but I don't know what the results mean.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
There are a lot of errors, any more than 0 means bad memory - you have a bad stick, or more. Best way to know what you need to replace is to run the test on one stick at a time in slot 1, assuming you have more than one stick. One may test bad and the other(s) not, or more than one may test bad. Most memory has a lengthy warranty period so you can probably get it RMAd.

sebastiaanwyns123

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
There are a lot of errors, you have a bad stick, or more. Best way to know what you need to replace is to run the test on one stick at a time in slot 1, assuming you have more than one stick. One may test bad and the other(s) not, or more than one may test bad. Most memory has a lengthy warranty period so you can probably get it RMAd.
Would it also be possible that a connector is broken?

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
Connector? You mean a bad memory slot, or contact within one? Memtest results aren't just a reflection of the memory stick functionality, but they most often what cause test errors and are certainly the easiest parts to replace. If you know someone with a machine with compatible memory who wants to let you borrow it for testing then that would certianly help diagnose.