Question My computer loads google docs slowely?

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
So my computer is 5 years old. As I've gotten older I use it for gaming less and just wandering the internet more. I upgraded to an SSD recently.

My only issue with it is that it loads google docs tabs very slowely and I cant figure out why.

I assume its a ram amount thing.
I only have 4GB. Task manager says 3.1gb in use (160mb compressed)
800mb available
6.3/8GB commited
800MB cached
266MB paged pool
229MB non-paged pool

Do any of these things mean something bad?

I'll happily buy more ram if thats all I need to do. I just don't want to spend the money and not have a benefit

May 14, 2019
Could it be that you are probably running a lot of things in the background causing your computer to consume 3.1 GB of RAM.
Also hows your internet connection. Do you get enough internet bandwidth? (Not entirely sure if it might cause it to open slowly since Google Docs is a Cloud Service)

chico1st

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I'm pretty good about background services (I have zonealarm, paint and deamon tools).
My internet is pretty good. I have a super duper gaming rig (that im selling) which doesn't really have the issue but it has maximum everything. Based on that I don't think its internet.

Do any of those ram things mean I ran out? More ram is easy but I felt like since there is 800mb available that means I didnt run out. the other values (like committed) mean nothing to me though :(

TRENDING THREADS