My Computer/Local Hard Drive

joel

Normally when I click on My Computer and then on Local
Hard Drive, it opens to reveal the folders in my hard
drive, right? All of the sudden now, when I click on
Local Hard Drive, it opens the Windows search screen. If
I right click on the Local hard drive icon, I can then
click on "Open" and the drive will open. Why is this
happening and how do I change it back?
..

Hi Joel,

Happens sometimes, it's a known issue. MVP Doug Knox has a fix for this
common problem here:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Best of Luck,