My Computer loses hdmi signal when I get into a game

Chance5

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
So I built a new computer 4-5 months ago and it has been working fine until yesterday. Whenever a game fully loads into my monitor goes black and says hdmi no signal and does not come back until I restart. I've tried re-installing my msi gtx 970 card into another pci-e slot on my motherboard. I Un-installed and re-installed all graphics drivers with a tool. All bios and things are up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Specs- Msi gtx 970 oc edition
Msi Z97s sli kraft edition motherboard
I7- 4790k
16 gb ram
Evga Supernova 750 watt power supply

Solution
It ended up being a simple fix after all that I had done, it might seem stupid all that I didn't check this at first but it was a bad connection from one of my cables to my psu. I have a modular one and one of the cables was not secured correctly so I just had to simply re-do my connections and it was smooth sailing from then on

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Could be heat related, make sure your GPU is dust free and the fan is operating properly. Critical temps will cause your GPU to fail and stop outputting signals. Never hurts to check.

Maybe give Speccy a run, and see what your current temps are to be sure
https://www.piriform.com/speccy

- maybe try changing the the native resolution to 1280x720 for your game as well - some monitors really dislike higher resolutions. Could be the culprit.

Chance5

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

i have tried all things on this forum so far and nothing has worked, also as i had said before my computer is relatively new so there is no dust anywhere inside of it.

Chance5

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
It ended up being a simple fix after all that I had done, it might seem stupid all that I didn't check this at first but it was a bad connection from one of my cables to my psu. I have a modular one and one of the cables was not secured correctly so I just had to simply re-do my connections and it was smooth sailing from then on

Solution