[SOLVED] My computer only has an Ethernet driver installed, Does that mean I can only use Ethernet to use internet?

Oct 1, 2019
Here is the PC. I found a 10 year old PC in storage and I'm trying to get it to work again. In Device Manager under Network adapters the only thing it shows is NIVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet.
I don't want to use an ethernet for internet. So how do I go about getting WiFi on this computer? Since this PC is so old is the only way to buy an external WiFi adapter?

Solution
Advise PC make and model and windows version. Just becasue you only have an Ethernet driver loaded, doesn't mean there is no internal wifi, however if there is an internal wifi adapter with out the proper driver, it would likely show up as an unknown device, or it may be wifi upgradable. Otherwise there are some great and quite cheap USB wifi adapter that would likely be much faster than the internal wifi of a 10 year old PC.
Here is the PC. I found a 10 year old PC in storage and I'm trying to get it to work again. In Device Manager under Network adapters the only thing it shows is NIVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet.
I don't want to use an ethernet for internet. So how do I go about getting WiFi on this computer? Since this PC is so old is the only way to buy an external WiFi adapter?
Yes, internal or external (USB) adapter, how else if there's no WiFi onboard ???

Advise PC make and model and windows version. Just becasue you only have an Ethernet driver loaded, doesn't mean there is no internal wifi, however if there is an internal wifi adapter with out the proper driver, it would likely show up as an unknown device, or it may be wifi upgradable. Otherwise there are some great and quite cheap USB wifi adapter that would likely be much faster than the internal wifi of a 10 year old PC.

Solution
Oct 1, 2019
Thanks any wifi adapter recommendations?

USAFRet

Titan
The vast majority of desktop PC's, both old and new, do not have any built in WiFi.

If you want/need WiFi, you need to buy a USB or PCIe WiFi adapter.