Question My computer randomly becomes extremely choppy and near impossible to use

May 12, 2020
Less than half a year ago I bought a mid-range PC, goes for about 1000 Canadian. It started out pretty good but now randomly when I play csgo and other games, my screen will become extremely choppy. My frames stay the exact same and if I take a clip of it and watch it, it looks like it wasn't choppy, it happens randomly but will also happen when I get a call on discord and pick up, play a song on Spotify, etc. Everything feels really laggy and id say it looks about 10 Fps, it's pretty annoying when you're playing a competitive game. Finally, the only way to fix it is to turn my power supply off and on, I've done everything but that's the only thing that works. If anyone can help me out with this I'd be so grateful, Thanks.
(not a prebuilt)

Nov 11, 2020
One problem is you have 8Gb of RAM, which is the bare minimum you need to game. Your motherboard has 4 channels for RAM, two of which you have filled up. I would suggest to get two more sticks of the EXACT same RAM. It sounds like the problem occurs only when you have more things open than just the game. 8Gb's gives you literally no room to have anything open, and is not even enough for some games to run.