Question My computer randomly rebooting mid gaming

Aug 4, 2019
I have a custom built PC my wife built for me on my birthday last year. Recently, while gaming, it randomly restarts. I have been attempting to find the issue, and have no clue what the problem could be. I will post the specs here.

CPU - Intel Core I7 7700
Motherboard - ASRock Z270 Gaming K6
RAM - 16GB DDR4
Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
PSU - EVGA Supernova 850 G3
HD#1 - 1TB Hard Disk
HD#2 (Boot Drive) - 250GB SSD

I have some current temperatures and such, and most of my temps are showing 15-40C but I have one random temp showing 106C (idling). I'm not sure where this temp is coming from as it shows 6 temps for my processor, and I only have 4 cores. Hoping this is a minor issue, but may be huge.

PSU stats have been showing that they are good, but I have no way to check other than software checks, they never seems to go above threshold for their ratings.

I honestly don't know where to start looking for the problem at.

Aug 4, 2019
Attempted a benchmark test using 3DMark a few time now, and as soon as it started, the system restarted...every time. If any further information is needed for this, please let me know, and I will gladly provide what i can.

Aug 4, 2019
Re-installed drivers for a 3rd time, unseated the processor, cleaned the processor area, reapplied thermal paste, and updated hard-drive firmware version, been gaming for a bit and no problems. Hopefully one of those things fixed it, but will update if there is a continued issue.