Question My computer randomly stopped detecting my graphics card

DINAKERI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
My PC had been working just fine up until a few weeks ago where I had left for a bit and just kept it running, and it went into power save mode making the screen go black. Usually I can just tap on the keyboard or something to get it operational, but it didn't work this time. I decided to try to see if plugging my HDMI cord into the on board which ended up working just fine. I went straight to device manager and my GPU was no longer listed under Display adapters just the integrated graphics. I showed hidden devices and it was then listed under display adapters. I first tried to update the drivers after testing did nothing. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall the drivers. The only problem was as soon as I uninstalled them it was no longer listed under display adapters even with hidden devices shown.

Currently at a point where my Graphics card drivers are no where to be found, I have no idea how to get them back, and even then my computer doesn't recognize my GPU being there.
If I could maybe get some tips on what I could do to fix this that would be much appreciated.

Any other information I need to give please ask away. I will try to answer to the best of my ability, but I have basically no knowledge of computers so bare with me if I don't know exactly how to answer a question.

System Model: G20AJ

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 ti

DINAKERI

Reputable
Aug 31, 2019
Is there a Yellow Triangle exclamation mark, next to GPU entry under the Device Manager settings ? Does it say "Microsoft Basic Windows Adapter", or there is also an error CODE 43 next to the entry ?

How old is that ASUS ROG PC ?

There is no Yellow Triangle exclamation mark. I also don't see Microsoft Basic Window Adapter listed anywhere either, and I don't see CODE 43.

It is almost 4 years old

TRENDING THREADS